College Applications

  • Make an appointment with your counselor.
  • Applications can be found on-line on the college web site or may be picked up in the Career Center.
  • Be sure to follow the directions on the application carefully.  Every school has different requirements.  Ultimately, it is your responsibility to make sure that all required information is submitted.
  • If you are applying to a college in a state bordering Minnesota (ND, SD, IA or WI), please check to see if they need a Reciprocity application.  You can fill out the application on-line here.
  • If necessary, return your completed application to your counselor for completion of the school official section.  Please allow several days for him/her to do this.  You are then responsible for mailing it in with the application fee.  If a transcript is needed, please request a transcript through Docufide.

Counselor/Teacher Recommendations

  • Most public colleges do not require a recommendation for admission.  If the college does require a recommendation for admission or a scholarship, please follow the below outline procedure.
  • Pick up a Personal Data Sheet in the Career Center and fill it out completely.  This is a resume form that lists activities, jobs, awards, organizations that you belong to and other personal data.  You may wish to create your own form, but in order for a person to write a good recommendation for you, make sure that you include this information.  Make copies of this sheet to be used later.
  • Find a teacher willing to write a recommendation letter for you.  Give them a copy of your Personal Data Sheet and any recommendation form necessary.
  • Please allow at least one week for completion of recommendation letters.