- Make an appointment with your counselor.
- Applications can be found on-line on the college web site or may be picked up in the Career Center.
- Be sure to follow the directions on the application carefully. Every school has different requirements. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to make sure that all required information is submitted.
- If you are applying to a college in a state bordering Minnesota (ND, SD, IA or WI), please check to see if they need a Reciprocity application. You can fill out the application on-line here.
- If necessary, return your completed application to your counselor for completion of the school official section. Please allow several days for him/her to do this. You are then responsible for mailing it in with the application fee. If a transcript is needed, please request a transcript through Docufide.
- Most public colleges do not require a recommendation for admission. If the college does require a recommendation for admission or a scholarship, please follow the below outline procedure.
- Pick up a Personal Data Sheet in the Career Center and fill it out completely. This is a resume form that lists activities, jobs, awards, organizations that you belong to and other personal data. You may wish to create your own form, but in order for a person to write a good recommendation for you, make sure that you include this information. Make copies of this sheet to be used later.
- Find a teacher willing to write a recommendation letter for you. Give them a copy of your Personal Data Sheet and any recommendation form necessary.
- Please allow at least one week for completion of recommendation letters.