OHS One Act Festival 2019!
On Friday May 31, 2019 OHS will hold a 1 day One Act Festival in the auditorium consisting of four separate one acts. These one acts will be student directed, with student actors, and students designing/executing the technical aspects of the plays.
The student directors will be responsible for all the aspects of the productions and will meet regularly with Mr. Eitrheim for advice/consultation.
Candidates for the directing slots will need to:
1. Select a one act
2. Write up a proposal which will include a discussion as to why this play should be produced at this time, how the blocking of the play might be done, and also how the technical considerations will be accomplished (set, lights, props, etc.)*
3. Submit a script of your one act. Yes, this may involve you buying an actual copy of the script. No proposals will be considered without an accompanying script.
If your directing proposal is chosen you will:
1. Meet several times with Mr. Eitrheim and other directors to discuss directing
2. Cast the play
3. Select a student to stage manage and run the tech for the show
4. Create a prompt book
5. Schedule and run rehearsals
6. Work with the tech crew on the technical elements of the show – please note that restrictions on some elements (e.g. set) will need to be considered due to time and financial constraints
· Directing proposals will be due April 5, 2019
· Performances will be Friday May 31, 2019 in the OHS Auditorium.